Skip to main content

Bible Belt

Matthew 7:21-23.
I was born and raised in the Bible Belt. Everywhere you look there are churches, crosses, Christian books stores, God Loves You on bumper stickers, little fish symbols on the back of 4 out of 5 cars, everyone goes to church, everyone claims to love Jesus, everyone is talking about this Bible study or that Bible study......BUT why has none of these people came and knocked on my door out of love and concern to share with me Jesus Christ? The answer is that everyone here in this blessed region of the country thinks because their neighbor goes to church and can paraphrase some scripture that it means they are saved. A thing that happens many times here in the Bible Belt is we are taught the answers to the questions BEFORE we understand what we are being asked. I came across this article via Notes from the Trail and I thought it was a very good read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just some questions......

These are a few questions that have been stirring in my mind for several months. 1.Can one actually receive Christ and not live for Him until years later? 2.Can the Holy Spirit dwell in someone for 5, 10, 15 years and it not change a person? 3.What does it mean when someone says "I have been saved for many years, but NOW I'm ready to get serious about my faith?" or "get serious with God" Many people state a similar tale.... Raised in Christian home, saved at an early age, lived like a "normal" teen, experimented in college, got married and had some kids, and NOW I want to get real with God. This concept is somewhat disturbing to me. It is disturbing because that is how I was living my life for so long. Have you ever made a profession of faith? If you have look at your life 5 years after that moment..... are you 5 years more worldly? or 5 years more Christ like? do the same thing for 10 years? 15 years? And so on... God starts working on or molding His ...

Do I have to have a Christmas Tree??

I'm having a Christmas tree crisis this year. I have to laugh because well its one of those "that only happens to me" things. You may know that I was unable to get the Christmas tree's light to work when I originally tried to get it up one night last week. All week I patiently waited for Alan's return so he could get the lights working and we could decorate and all would be well in the land of Christmas trees. Alan started looking at the tree and he determined that it was just a broke tree. ( this was determined after shaking and twisting every single bulb ) Alan was also on call on Saturday so he is constantly being pulled away from the tree and time was ticking away. My precious time! I had made a schedule in my head as to how my Saturday was going to be played out. I even made the verbal announcement to the entire family during Saturday morning snuggle time. Well it was already well past noon and still NO TREE! So, I did the only thing I knew to do! Get the ...

Stay seated like Jesus!

I overheard Zoe playing school last night. She was calling roll and being very enthusiastic for each child. She would welcome them in the class and even comment on how nice they looked. I recognized names of kids in her class as she called them and she had family members as well. Then I heard.... "Jesus". And a second later she replied "here." (as she had for each child) Tyson: Zoe, Jesus doesn't go to school. He already knows everything. Zoe: Tyson, do not talk out in class or I will pull your card. A few minutes later...... Zoe: No you can not go to the restroom. You need to get in your seat now! Why cant you stay in your seat like Jesus? SMILE!